Pictured above: (Middle) Christian Bové, Manager Barcelona, accepting the Innovative Shorex award on behalf of Intercruises.
Intercruises lived up to its reputation for incredible product development by winning the Innovative Shorex of the Year Award at this year’s Seatrade Cruise Med conference in Tenerife.
The winning entry was a Volunteer tour – “Hidden City Barcelona“. A city tour with a twist… all guides who lead each tour were previously homeless. This fantastic shorex helps transform a negative social issue into a positive, by hiring those in need and giving them the training needed to start anew.
Carmen Morosan, Global Shore Excursions Manager:, who coordinated Intercruises’ involvement for this year’s award had this to say:
We are delighted to have won this award and continue Intercruises’ excellent tradition in this competition. It is a true testament to the fantastic work being done by our teams worldwide and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved for their hard work and on-going dedication.
Intercruises’ Seatrade Innovative Shorex Awards Record:
- 2009: Runners Up
- 2010: Winners – “Mamas & Tapas“
- 2011: Ineligible to enter due to winning in the previous year
- 2012: Winners- “Greek Theatre Past & Present“
- 2013: Ineligible to enter due to winning in the previous year
- 2014: Runners Up
- 2015: First Year not being nominated
- 2016: Winners – “Hidden City Tours” (Tour Description below)
Hidden City Tours
Tour Category: Interactive / Volunteer
Guest Demographic: All
Available From: Barcelona, Spain
- Giving Back: Help alleviate a societal negative by supporting an organisation that helps Barcelona’s homeless find purpose
- Hidden Barcelona: See the city from a new perspective and totally of the beaten track and support positive tourism
A video of the tour is available below: